Champions of Character Team Award
Champions of Character Team Award Past Winners
2015-16 - Brookdale Women's Soccer
2014-15 - Ocean Women's Soccer
2013-14 - Ocean Women's Basketball
2012-13 - Mercer Cross Country
2011-12 - Passaic Women's Basketball
2010-11 - Ocean Women's Basketball
1. Any Region XIX member institution in good standing may submit a nomniation package to the Chair of the Award Committee by the declared deadline.
2. The packet should include the following:
a. A description of how the team intentionally implements the Champions of Character philosophy in their program.
b. A listing of the on-campus and/or community leadership projects and involvement of the the team.
c. Any supporting letters from on or off-campus entities.
Criteria for Selection
1. The team nominee clearly demonstrates outstanding results in character development of its student-athletes and coaches by embracing the true spirit of competition through the five core values of respect, responsibility, integrity, servant leadership and sportsmanship.
2. The team nominee demonstrates outstanding involvement in the community, which results in positive character development through sport.
1. Nominations should be sent to the Chair of the Awards Committee be the declared deadline.
2. The Awards Committee will review all nominations and choose the most outstanding package.
3. The Region XIX Champions of Character Team Award winner will be presented at the Region XIX annual Fall meeting.
4. The winning team will receive a plaque for their institution.