Garden State Athletic Conference - Standards & Ethics
The Purpose of the Garden State Athletic Conference Standard and Ethics committee is to investigate possible and alleged violations of sport code misconduct and violations of ethical practices of sportsmanship.
1) The membership of the standard and ethics committee will consist of three athletic directors chosen by the president of the conference.
2) All cases of alleged violations or misconduct must be submitted to the chair of the committee 24 hours after the alleged violation or misconduct.
3) Whenever a charge is brought against an institution, the chair of the committee shall through telephone investigation, attempt to resolve the issue within 24 hours after the alleged violation or misconduct.
4) A member institution may appeal a decision of the Standard and Ethics committee to the president, and the decision of the president is final.
5) The Garden State Athletic Conference Standard and Ethics committee will not concern itself with violation of current eligibility rules and scholarship/letter of intent provisions. These matters shall be investigated by the Standard and Ethics committee of Region 19, NJCAA.
A Garden State Athletic Conference Championship Plaque will be awarded to a school only if a minimum of three schools participate in a sport or at a championship event. A second place plaque will be presented if four or five schools participate. If six or more schools participate, a third place plaque will be awarded.